Monday, May 23, 2011

Zen and Content

Lately I have been producing more work than ever. I think it's because I've been experiencing some inner turmoil and its my only way to work it out. Thinking about it now, every period of my life that has been stressful, painful, or depressing has brought out the best in me artistically. Periods of calm have left me with no desire to express myself creatively. So what will it be? Calm and asleep or upset and productive? I wonder why I can't seem to find a good balance and be able to think creatively in a zen state.

Here's a couple of drawings from today. A friend of mine had this quote up on his facebook page I let it inspire me in my drawing.

"On his birthday, the buddhist was very content after his cake because he and everyone else could then focus on the present moment."

I'd like to be able to focused on the moment and be content too.

Here's a gorgeous zen song to listen to. I don't understand Portugese but I love this song anyway. It's silky.



No comments:

Post a Comment