Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Vitamin D

I got on the train yesterday feeling permanently bent into computer chair position, totally drained and nauscious. I had been raining for 12 days straight and I was wondering if it would ever end. But, thankfully, by the time I stepped off the train the sun had come out and it was warm and breezy. Scott was waiting to pick me up as usual, arm dangling ut the car window. We decided to go for a walk so I could stretch a little and get some sun. He parked downtown and after a quick trip to Dunkin for a coolatta, we walked through the side streets looking at houses. As we walked we started imagining what our dream house would look like and where it would be. We both agreed that we wanted to live in either Fairfield or Bethel on a quiet street where kids play outside unaffraid of traffic. On the top of my list of things I want in a house is a place where I can paint, prefferable a free standing building, like a barn. I also want an older house with lots of character - nothing after 1930. It must also have a porch, a room we can turn into a library (4 walls of built ins) and a decent sized yard. Everything else is negotiable on my part. What would you want in a dream house?

Below is my ultimate dream house - it's from the Father of the Bride movies. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment