Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rapture

The word "rapture" is defined as

1. The state of being transported by a lofty emotion; ecstasy.
2. An expression of ecstatic feeling. Often used in the plural.
3. The transporting of a person from one place to another, especially to heaven.

I have been stung and the lasting effect is this deep blue pool of calm. In fact, I am determined to never let myself be "transported by lofty emotions". I am never going to let my emotions carry me away again, I swear it. I don't think I can survive it again. It's all buisness from here on out. Practical, logical, no more nonsense. Being calm, collected, and cool is far better than being a train wreck.

Thanks Roseanne - I finally get it. Lesson learned.

The song below is one that I've been listening to a lot. Bob Dylan always sings like he's got it all figured out in a matter of fact sort of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment