Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Something like luck

I haven't written in awhile. I'm kind of in this lethargic mood. My brain is on sleep mode. I guess it's because I have a schedule that never deviates...I get up, get ready for work, hop on the train, hop on the shuttle, get to work, eat lunch, draw, answer the phone, get on the shuttle, get on the train again, go home and change for the gym, work out, come home, eat, shower, go to bed, repeat.

Yeah, I'm going to go back there again - is this all there really is? For now it is. Every moment can't be dazzling, can it? I can still dream. I am aware of how lucky I am to have a job at all in this economy...I see these desperate people who come off the streets and walk right into my office looking for work. I feel my luck and am grateful, believe me -life could be much worse. I know that my Master's degree isn't being used in the slighest but the fact that I have one is enough to keep me employed. It's my safety shield and my life preserver...I think my boss feels like he got a lot of "bang for his buck" in me, even though I'm not really using that "bang" so much these days.

It's not all that bad. Wedding plans keep me busy for most of the day. There is so much involved. Luckily I have a lot done already - my dress is hanging in my closet ready to go, we have the reception venue chosen, the flowers are taken care of, the dj, the caterer is booked, etc, etc. Now it's just the little things... We've decided not to take the cruise to Greece and Turkey. Instead we are flying to New Orleans and taking a cruise from there to Mexico, Peru, and Belize. I'm excited about laying on the beach all day and Scott is excited to see the Mayan temples. I'm probably most excited about finally getting to see New Orleans. There is a rich and sexy quality to that city that I want to explore. Who knows, I may convince Scott to move to the South after all.
Mexico...

Gorgeous moss covered trees, beautiful architecture...who wouldn't love this place?


1 comment:

  1. Makes me think of the Nine Inch Nails song "every day is exactly the same." I, too, have been caught in this cycle lately...

    ReplyDelete