Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Let's get physical?

I know people that are only 60 years old and can barely walk and it scares the crap out of me. I want to live for a long time and that means taking better care of my body...I don't know why I'm feeling this way all of a sudden. Maybe I'm starting to feel my age creeping up on me. At 27 I am not as strong or energetic as I was at 20. I can feel the difference...Honestly, it's really hard to even think about being more active right now. We are both very busy people with our jobs and commutes but I feel like I have to try. I don't want to end up permanently damaging my health through inactivity - so making a conscious effort to become healthier has to start now.

I've started seriously working out and my body is aching so badly. It's a good ache though - not the ache of sitting in a chair all day long. Scott has been so supportive too! He goes to the gym with me every time I go (Though I suspect it is to make sure no one flirts with me). We had gotten into the habit of taking a walk after he picked me up at the train station which was nice and I enjoyed but it wasn't a real workout. So now we've started a routine of going to the gym for at least an hour a day, five days a week which is what I used to do once upon a time...

Back in the day I used to be able to do so much more physically. I was doing chest presses yesterday and was only lifting 60 pounds and I thought I was going to die - I used to be able to lift 100 pounds easily...well, I guess I'll just have to build up slowly.

I'll update on progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment