Thursday, November 4, 2010

Substitute

Today was the worst day ever. I subbed in a 5th grade class in a semi inner city area. The kids were absolutely horrible and the whole day dragged on and on with me yelling through most of it. During social studies, about an hour before the day was over, two of the boys decided to stab eachother with pencils while I had my back turned. Of course I feel terribly incompetent but really what could I do? Shouldn't I be able to walk across the classroom to help another student with the classwork without fearing that 10 and 11 year olds will stab eachother? Long story short - one of the kids started crying and the other one (the stabber) realized he was in deep shit and started crying too saying the stabbee had stabbed him too. What a nightmare. I sent both to the nurse where they both got yelled at by the principal. UGH

I keep having dreams where I tell myself "You are unhappy, who cares if you have a teaching degree, who cares if you only ever work a job that pays minimum wage as long as you're happy, you don't HAVE to do this anymore."

No comments:

Post a Comment