Wednesday, November 10, 2010

never give up

So just when I thought teaching was awful and any chance of getting into a decent school system an impossible feat I got a break. I've just added on a new school system to my list of schools that I substitute teach for. I feared would be just like the inner city district I work for  - schools filled with children who stab each other with pencils at will (see last blog for that story). As it turns out the new district is a really good school system and they are looking for a long term art substitute which is just what I've been wanting to do. I had an interview at another school system back in August where I was told that although I had an amazing GPA, great references, had a dual certification, and had student taught in a 2nd grade class I needed more art teaching experience in the form of a long term subbing assignment. I hope this works out...If not I've applied for about 15 other jobs. I have an interview today with a marketing group. It could work with my art background but lets face it - I am definitely not a corporate person. Then there is a career counselor position at a local college and a college recruiter gig at the University of Bridgeport (where I went to grad school) If they don't hire me it would be absolutely blasphemous. So here I am hanging on by a thread. I guess I'm just going to keep rolling. I wish I had this kind of fortitude back in high school -but that is another blog completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment